It's just an alpha version. Although some functionalities are missing, it's ready to maintain some video calls concurrently between members.
What's yet implemented:
- Users can call / answer and hang up video calls from/to other +WebRTC compatible browser.
- Users can see which users can do a video call with a +WebRTC compatible browser.
- Users can establish up to 4 connections concurrently with a perfect time response (no more were tested)
- User can maximize an restore a video call window.
- User can disable his video status to not receive video calls offers.
- Administrator can configure if the video call feature is enabled or not
- Administrator can configure the list of stun / turn servers used to determine under which NAT type are the users.
- Tested on Chrome, Chrome Beta for android and Firefox aurora.
Next to be implemented:
- Nicer video setup process (Now, we believe that it's so direct and people get confused with browser permission request).
- User should choose if he wants to start a video or just an audio call.
- User should be able to mute audio and stop video during a conversation.
- Pop up option mechanism to unlink the conversation from the main portal screen to another empty one. That way user could keep navigating on sites and tools.
- Ensure the interoperability across the other browsers, as soon as they become WebRTC compatible